Prof. Dr. Ing. h.c. Ferdinand Porsche, lived and worked in Carinthia from 1944 to 1950. It was here in Gmünd, that the first car to bear the name Porsche, was built - the legendary Porsche 356. 44 coupes and 8 convertibles of this design were built by 300 employees in the Gmünd works.
It was with much idealism and effort that, in 1982, Mr. Helmut Pfeifhofer, founded the first and only private PORSCHE museum. This museum covers the whole range of Porsches designes, from the Austro-Daimler, to the Steyr and Volkswagen. It also Covers Porsches series of victories on all the road and race courses of the world.
The archives, including video and stock shots, provide a wealth of information to complement the remarkable collection of exhibits in the field of Porsche technology.
Opening hours 2021
15. may - 15. october, every day from 9am - 6pm
16. october - 30.october, every day from 10am - 4pm
1. november - 25. december closed!
26. december - 16.march, every day from 10am - 4pm
€ 9,- per adult
€ 3,50 per child (6 - 14 years)
€ 8,- per adult for groups from 20 persons
Free admission with the Summer-Kärnten Card!